Connect with us

Politics

Cesar Sayoc: Mail bomb suspect had list of 100 targets, reports say

Published

on


Cesar Sayoc composite picture
A
composite image showing Cesar Sayoc (left), one of the pipe bombs
he is accused of sending (top right) and his Dodge Ram van
(bottom right).

AP/Reuters/Business
Insider


  • Cesar Sayoc Jr., the man accused of mailing potential
    explosives to critics of President Donald Trump, reportedly had
    a list of more than 100 potential targets.
  • NBC News reported authorities would alert the
    political, entertainment, and media figures who were listed as
    targets. 

  • The report comes hours after authorities in
    Atlanta intercepted a suspicious package addressed to
    CNN’s global headquarters, the third such package in less than
    a week. 

Cesar Sayoc Jr., the man accused of mailing potential explosives
to prominent public figures and critics of President Donald
Trump, had a list of more than 100 potential targets,
a senior law enforcement official told NBC News.

NBC reported that authorities would alert the political,
entertainment, and media figures who were listed as targets by
the 56-year-old man, who was arrested and charged Friday in
connection to 
13 explosive
devices
 that were sent to CNN offices and
prominent Democratic figures. 

The report comes hours after authorities intercepted a suspicious
package
that was addressed to CNN’s Atlanta headquarters,
which was the third in less than a week. Network president Jeff
Zucker said in a statement there was “no imminent danger” to the
headquarters. 

Though it remains unclear who sent the package that arrived
Monday morning, sources told NBC News that Sayoc could have
mailed the package as late as Thursday night. 

Authorities and the network have not released further
official information. CNN Anchor Jim Scuitto tweeted a photo of
the latest package and noted it looked similar to others that
have been tied to Sayoc. 

In a press conference Friday, FBI Director Christopher Wray
said the suspicious packages recovered by authorities were
not hoax devices” and warned of other packages that could
surface, saying the investigation’s progress so far “does not
mean we’re out of the woods.” 

Continue Reading
Advertisement Find your dream job

Trending