Connect with us

Featured

No gas leak at Egypt hotel where British couple died, prosecutors say

Published

on

Egypt’s top prosecutor has dismissed reports that poisonous gas emissions caused the deaths of a British couple at the Red Sea resort of Hurghada.

John Cooper, 69, and Susan Cooper, 63, from Burnley, Lancashire, died on Tuesday morning while on holiday at the resort with their daughter and her three children.

An inspection of the couple’s hotel room revealed there were no toxic or harmful gas emissions or leaks, a statement by Nabil Sadeq said.

His office is waiting for a forensic analysis of samples taken from the bodies, it added.

The couple’s deaths prompted tour operator Thomas Cook to evacuate all of its customers from the hotel as a “precautionary measure”.

More follows…

Continue Reading
Advertisement Find your dream job

Trending